16-21 July 2017, International Society for the History Philosophy and Social Studies of Biology bi-annual meeting, Sao Paolo.
Doing and undoing race, organized session
13 January 2017, Oslo, Norway. Foredrag for Sametingets utvalg for utarbeidelse av etiske retninglinjer for samisk helseforskning, Jon Kyllingstad.
1-2 December 2016, Forskningsetiske perspektiver på menneskelige levninger-forskning, forvaltning og formidling, workshop co-organized by The Norwegian National Research Ethics Committees, the University of Oslo, and the Norwegian Museum of Science and Technology.
24 November 2016, Det Aktivet Museet, Norwegian Museum of Science and Technology, Oslo, Norway. On the Refugee "Crisis": Rethinking difficult histories and presents in museums, Ageliki Lefkaditou
3-6 November 2016, HSS Annual Meeting, Atlanta, Georgia. Reinventing American Physical Anthropology in the 1940s-50s, Ageliki Lefkaditou.
10 October 2016, Department of Classics and Center for Greek Studies Workshop, University of Florida. Mongrel Nations and Liminal People: The Anthropological Researches of John Lawrence Angel in Greece in the 1940s, Ageliki Lefkaditou.
3 October 2016, Public Lecture, The Bob Graham Center, University of Florida. Race, science, and society in the 21st century, Ageliki Lefkaditou.
22-25 June 2016, 3 Societies Meeting (Eighth Joint Meeting of the BSHS, CSHPS, and the HSS), University of Alberta, Canada.
Heritable transitions: historical and philosophical reflections on the contemporary sciences of humans, animals, and plants
• The past in the present: race-related research and the normative force of history, Hallvard Fossheim,
• From racial types to populations: the 1940s reinvention of American physical anthropology, Ageliki Lefkaditou,
• From breeding to biopharming: molecular sheep in 1980s Scotland, Dmitriy Myelnikov,
• From pure lines to phytobricks: historicising plant synthetic biology, Dominic Berry
17-19 June 2016, Opplysing, Utdanning, Skriftkultur, Norske Historiedagar, Høgskulen i Volda.
Raserenhet og Raseblanding som vitenskap og ideologi ca 1930-1960
• Foreign influence and indigenous discourse in Italian literary propaganda on racism and anti-semitism, Elisabetta Cassina Wolff,
• Romanticizing racial mixing as a response to Nazi ideology: Mid-twentieth century American physical anthropology on Ancient Greeks, Ageliki Lefkaditou,
• Endring og kontinuitet i synet på rase ved det Statens institut för rasbiologi i Uppsala ca. 1930-1958, Jon Kyllingstad
• Veien mot nord: Organisasjon Todt og mytologiseringen av Lappland, Ketil Gjølme Andersen.
17-18 May 2016, Corpses, Cadavers and Catalogues: The Mobilities of Dead Bodies and Body Parts, Past and Present, Barts Pathology Museum and Hunterian Museum at the Royal College of Surgeons.
• Contested Sami skulls, Jon Kyllingstad.
21 April 2016, TEDx Oslo 2016, Norwegian National Theatre. Confronting race in 21st century Norway, Ageliki Lefkaditou.
20 April 2016, Leeds Humanities Research Institute, University of Leeds. The Jewish genome: myth or reality, Erika Hagelberg.
15 April 2016, Nationalism and Racial Theories. Third project workshop hosted at the University of Macedonia, Greece. For more information on the participants and the papers presented, visit the Workshops page.
12 April 2016, The Wiener Library for the Study of the Holocaust and Genocide. Is there such a thing as a Jewish genome?, public lecture, Erika Hagelberg.
12-14 January 2016, Genetic Histories: DNA and Identities in Europe, workshop hosted at University College Freiburg.
• Sami origins in the history and geography of human genes, Jon Kyllingstad,, Jon Kyllingstad,
• Not so strange bedfellows: genetics, archaeology, and the nation, Ageliki Lefkaditou.
See more of our previous activities...